“I do what I love, to the best of my ability, and then work to improve upon it.”
As a forward-thinking entrepreneur, with a multi-faceted background; school teacher, real estate investor, insurance broker, founder of Nationwide Golf Schools and recently, Business Golf for Women, Baird strives to stay ahead of the curve in select business niches. He is a contrarian by heart, who anticipates changing business trends such as social media, and the respective use of such platforms for business, such as LinkedIn.
The late national TV sportscaster, Pat Summerall, honored Bruce Baird’s California and Las Vegas golf schools on Fox Business Network. The honorees were selected as organizations that define “success” in their business activities. The companies demonstrated outstanding leadership, significant growth in their industries and a high level of business ethics. The award was presented by Steve Forbes, publisher of Forbes Business Magazine.
Bruce’s most recent business venture, Business Golf for Women, is designed to enhance professional networking among women, using golf as the vehicle. The seminars are conducted as 1, 2 or 3 day sessions, in spectacular locations, such as Chateau Elan in Georgia and Silverado in California.
1. When and why did you choose the golf industry as your career path?
Golf has always been a part of my life; however, the last 25 years have been dedicated to the industry full-time as a business owner. When I was a teacher in 1964, I bought a putt-putt golf franchise in California. I have served on many industry boards and played competitive amateur golf for 50 years while in the real estate, insurance and investment
businesses. It wasn’t until 1992, that I organized a Master Players Tour, for low handicap golfers. In 1994, I founded, what was then known as the California Golf School, and now, the Nationwide Golf Schools.
2. How often do you get to play the game? Twice a week, if I am lucky.
3. What is your favorite course to play? Pasatiempo, in Santa Cruz, California
4. What do you believe sets your brand apart from the competition? A 50-year service commitment to our clients’ interests.
5. If you could sell your brand in (3) words, which words would you use? Network with Golf
6. How important do you feel women are to the game of golf and what does your organization do to encourage them to play? Currently, women are the fastest growing segment in the golf industry. My organization, Business Golf for Women, is meant to empower their business lives as well as their personal lives with golf as the catalyst.
7. What is one way that your organization has utilized social platforms to build awareness and how successful do you feel it is with your target audience? The entire organizational structure of Business Golf for Women has been based on a very practical and methodical use of LinkedIn.
8. Tell us one thing about yourself that not too many people know (and you are willing to share with the world). I have too many interests and not enough years.
9. What is your favorite holiday? Memorial Day is my favorite.
Bruce Baird, President
Toll Free: (800) 894-9593